the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Missing

"Oooh, Mum, look, look at this wicked paperweight! There's a whole little world inside, like you could just...."

"Don't be silly, Andrew, you're old enough to know better. Where are you - Andrew!?"

"Ahh, Madam, such a lovely paperweight, exquisite craftsmanship, isn't it? The woman I bought that from swore Faberge himself could never make anything so intricate, she tried to tell me some nonsense about elves, or something like that."


I wrote this as a six sentence story. I hope you enjoy it.

Labels:

diigo it

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Oh...I loved this little piece, Ray. I was prepared to read a long one and then here it was a shortie. :-)
Tomorrow, I'll come and read another.
Thank you for your lovely words and like Lehane's, it is always a pleasure to read your stories.

May 23, 2007 6:40 AM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

I like how this one makes me wonder if the little world in that paperweight is, in fact, real. And maybe, LOL, better than ours.

Great six sentence story.

May 25, 2007 2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home