the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Auto Wreck

A sound in the night,
A hard noise to frighten the darkness.
Shattered pieces lying on the hard ground -
Broken, dying, alone with the crowd around.
They didn't know him, they didn't care,
They said he shouldn't have gone so fast -
They stood around and watched him die.
They went away.
(They shook their heads over "some crazy kid" before they slept.)

Labels:

diigo it

2 Comments:

Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Simple and heartfelt, it grips me and makes me picture the accident.

May 15, 2007 11:49 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Was very well written -it gave me chills, a lot ... you aren't crazy at all, silly for anyone to think so. It is totally normal to perceive and hear things that happen to people close to you - or not close to you, for that matter. You are a being, not a body - what do ears have to do with it?

May 15, 2007 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home