the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Winslow Farm Renaissance Faire - Helping Animals

I know most of my readers are too far away to take part in or visit this Faire, no matter how interesting you may think it sounds. However, I'd like to ask each of you to consider simply running a short post about it. Why? Well, perhaps one of your readers is close enough to enjoy the faire. More importantly, this is a first year effort, intended to raise money to help abused farm animals.

Since this is their first year, they need all the publicity they can get. So please help to spread the word: the Winslow Farm Renaissance Faire, also known as the Winslow Farm Renfaire, will be held on Saturday and Sunday, June 28th and 29th. It will be held on the grounds of the Winslow Farm Animal Sanctuary in Norton, Massachusetts.

They are actively seeking volunteers, vendors, and independent acts willing to work for hat or the proceeds from selling CDs or items related to their acts. This is a non-profit faire, in its first year, and no funds are available to pay anyone for helping out or performing.

Still, this is an opportunity to gain visibility, experience, and perhaps a few bucks in your hat. And you are free to sell items related to your act, which could bring in a few more dollars for you. More importantly, this is a chance to do something to help abused animals find help and a decent home. If you live in Massachusetts or Rhode Island, or plan to be in the area at the end of June, please consider taking part, or at least visiting the faire.

As for the rest of my readers, I only became aware of this, even though it is being held not that far from where I live, because I know the Faire's Director. They are doing all they can, but they could use some extra visibility, so please, take a minute or two to post about this. It may reach some of your readers who live in the area, and it will, at least, make them more visible on the Internet when someone searches for them.

Labels: , ,

diigo it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home