the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Monday, March 24, 2008

An Interesting Contest (and A Reminder)


Over at a new blog I just read, called This Eclectic Life, there is an interesting contest for writers. It is called the "This Post Blows My Dress Up Contest". Write a post on the theme "Scared Silly" and go on over to let her know you're entering the contest. The contest announcement and complete rules are listed on the blog.

Be sure to read the complete rules, and remember, the contest closes at 12:00 noon, Texas time (which is GMT minus 5 hours, for my international readers), on Friday, the 28th of March. The prize is $30.00 added to your PayPal account, which is as much as many short fiction markets pay, so it is worth entering! If I can get something written and up here in time, I hope to enter myself.

Even if you don't win (and I won't be holding my breath, if I manage to enter), writing a scary story will be fun, and as long as someone reads it and enjoys it, your efforts won't be wasted. I don't think most of my readers know This Eclectic Life, so it is also a chance for you to check out a new and interesting blog.

In the meantime, don't forget the very multi-talented DBA Lehane's contest, over at RedBubble (you'll need to sign up), and announced on Short Short Fiction. Do note that if you join Twisted Tales at RedBubble, the announcement there has been updated, and the Like We Did Last Summer contest deadline has been extended.

Labels: ,

diigo it

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting about the Scared Silly contest! I hope you do, in fact, write something for it. I'm delighted to have found you, and have you linked.

March 25, 2008 11:01 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Good luck with the Dress-Up contest, Ray. :-)

March 25, 2008 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home