the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

NaNo Diary: Day Five

It was an excellent, warm fall day here. My cats desperately wanted to get out, so I made the decision to spare them an hour. I don't regret that. They were ecstatic, and enjoyed sniffing about in the leaves, leaping up trees, watching dead leaves blowing in the wind, and thinking cat thoughts.

However, after that, plumbing problems cost me more time, and aftereffects of the crisis I already mentioned cropped up, and the hours slipped away. My word count isn't horrible, but it didn't even meet the minimum target, either. So I'm falling still further short, again. I begin to fear I'll end the month very close to the goal but not quite there. I'll try to use that fear to spur me on. I want to make this work. This new novel is fun; I want to see where it takes me.

Today's Total: 1,255 words
Days Left: 25
Cumulative Total: 6,084 words
(2,251 words short of target)

Labels: , ,

diigo it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home