the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Short and Sweet

I wanted to let all my readers know about a new, and different, contest for writers. Over at Short Short Fiction, DBA Lehane is hosting the Short Short Short Short Short Short Fiction Contest. The twist to this contest: all entries must be shorter than the contest title itself!

That's right. The contest title has eight words in it. The longest entry allowed will have six words. Not possible, you say? Head on over to the official contest rules and see the example, courtesy of no less a writer than Ernest Hemingway. It is probably fitting he was known for his brevity.

The idea is an intriguing one, and I hope all of you will at least head on over and consider it. As the post announcing the contest says, anyone can enter this one. You don't have to be a master of plot or dialogue, you just need to figure out a story you can tell in six words.

My own personal suggestion? Since only one entry is allowed per person, save up your ideas, then look them over and send in your favourite. Just make sure you get your entry in on time. When this year ends, so will the contest. So stop by and say hello to Lehane for me.

Labels: ,

diigo it

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Did Lehane just give us one entry per person, WA? Naughty man!

November 22, 2006 4:49 AM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a great Turkey Day.

Sara

November 23, 2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Hope the holiday has been a great one. The first of many for the little one being healthy and happy.

When you get a chance to stop by, I'm adding a twist to the next installment of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere --- compiling it based on referrals. You have great taste in links. I'd like to see what you have to share. 8-)

Until next time, my friend.
Cheers!

November 23, 2006 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home