the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Wandering Author's Journey

I had hoped to post again long before this. One minor problem after another distracted me, and stole my time. I need to update my links; I haven't forgotten those of you I owe links to. I hope you'll forgive the delay. I originally intended to put in all the new links and add a new post, all at one time.

Of course, this would have required even more time, which was just what I've had so little of lately. Genealogy faces more and more hurdles as records are closed; the fact it is absurd, for example, to limit access to records from the 1800s due to concerns about "privacy" or "identity theft" doesn't matter. If you complain, you must "support the terrorists".

While I am opposed to anyone who would kill as recklessly as all terrorist organisations do, I find it hard to believe any of them intends to masquerade as a centenarian. Nevertheless, no individual can hold back the tide. Other difficulties, as well as a desire to return to writing, made me consider a new career.

Still, writers must eat while they work on their novels. Not long ago, an opportunity came my way which was more than I'd hoped for. I am not free to say much until all the details are worked out, and the agreements signed. However, I don't betray any confidences when I say simply I've been given the chance to work on a blog professionally.

It is not a writing blog, but it is something I consider worthwhile, for reasons I will explain once I am free to do so. It will also keep me busy writing, a practice that is always valuable. In addition, it is, simply, a choice I am convinced is the right one for me.

This is keeping me quite busy right now. I have not forgotten my plans, or my contest. So far, the entrants are few enough I should be able to judge it within a reasonable time. I already have one entry, and will be posting a review shortly. Eventually, when I am sure I can do so, I will go ahead with my plans for a blog focused on writing.

And well before any of that, I intend to be back here, adding the links I owe some of you, and posting at least fairly regularly. There may be times, when my work demands it, when there is still more of a gap between posts than I'd like. I hope that you, my loyal readers, will forgive me and continue to visit whenever you can.

Labels: , ,

diigo it

5 Comments:

Blogger Anthony said...

I'm pleased to come and find an update on what is happening with The Wandering Author. Congratulations on the new opportunity that has come your way; I wish you great success.

November 07, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi WA,
How wonderful that you're posting again!
And I'm glad you had the courage to make a major new decision for yourself.
You are a careful & meticulous writer and I believe this attribute has stemmed from your career as well.
You have so much to offer the world with your talent.
All the very best of everything.

November 07, 2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

that's great news WA, i wish you well and look forward to learning more about your endeavor.

November 08, 2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Really delighted for you! Don't worry - we'll hang on and wait for details.

November 09, 2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Well done, my friend, enough to whet the appetite...but not too much to show your hand. If the announcement of the position comes out in my absence, please let me know.

Hoping we manage to keep in touch...

Cheers!

November 10, 2006 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home