the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Cathy's Writing Challenge

About two weeks ago, Cathy of Cathy's Rants and Ramblings posted a story challenge. I signed up for this, along with the other bloggers listed here. The story was to be posted on 06 October, and the only rule was that it must end with the sentence; "An innocent victim of a lie told in silence."

Before you read my story, in the post below, I would like to apologise. After I signed up for the challenge, a minor family emergency consumed all my time. I didn't even have time to get enough sleep. So on the 5th of October, I had nothing at all written, I had half forgotten any ideas I had, and I had to write a story in a hurry.

I concieved this idea, and decided it was better than the half-forgotten ones I had come up with earlier. I wanted to spend more time editing it and getting it just right. I hoped it would read more like a pure legend from ancient Ireland. Sadly, I ran out of time, and this was the best I could do. I apologise to my readers for posting a half-edited story. That seemed better than no story at all.

Mary Anne of Life in Qualicum Beach

Dr. Jordan of In My Humble Opinion (4 parts)

Wolfbaby of Dreaming and Believing (2 parts)

Moof of A Moof's Tale

Kim of Emergiblog

KT of Kt Living

Difficult Patient of Ripple of Hope

Jasmin of Shadow Writer

Empress Bee Of The High Sea of Muffin 53

PK of Pearls and Dreams

The Laundress of Dirty Laundry

Amin of Write-Now

Who Wouda Thunk It of Another Day In Paradise

Brian of Truth is Freedon

At Your Cervix (R.N.) of at your cervix

Dr. A. of Dr. Anonymous

Ipanema of Under The Canopy

May of About A Nurse

Labels: ,

diigo it

5 Comments:

Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Sorry to hear you had a family emergency to contend with. I hope all is well now.

Wishing you the best,

Sara

October 06, 2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Thy said...

ooh! thanks. i'll have plenty to read.

October 06, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger ipanema said...

One can't really concentrate to write if there are emergencies to attend to. Anyway, at least you are a sport.

Oh,this is a tragic story but beautiful in its own way. :)

October 07, 2006 1:52 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And still a wonderful job, neverthless! I've already commented on your short story, WA. I've only just now read about the Ireland legend bit. See...I had picked it up without even knowing. Which means you succeeded.

October 08, 2006 1:34 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Wandered on over...wondering how you are doing. You did an amazing job, especially considering the circumstances.

Thank you, by the way, for your contribution to the Commentathon. You always have an interesting insight to offer, a viewpoint that stimulates further consideration.










Kilroy Was Here!

October 11, 2006 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home