the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007!

I'd like to wish all my readers a Happy New Year in 2007. It was my intention to at least visit all the blogs I read to leave a brief comment, but "the best laid plans of mice and men"... I've been fighting off a nasty bug which has left me exhausted, my cats are sick, and I only managed to visit one or two blogs, very late this morning.

I do hope to begin posting somewhat more regularly again soon. I will also soon be posting a review of the next entry in my short fiction contest, the "recommended reading" list one of my readers asked for, and a more detailed explanation of my stand on the issue of chain bookstores and their effect on the careers of most authors.

I had wanted to begin the New Year with a revised and updated link list, but that will just have to wait a few days more. The one New Year's resolution I have made which I intend to keep at all costs is to have a finished, edited copy of my 2006 NaNo novel by the end of the year. In addition, I hope to enter NaNoWriMo again in the fall, and I have already begun another, "seat-of-the-pants" novel thanks to Word Count Journal.

I'll provide a link to that novel in progress over the next few days, as I slowly get my monstrous list of links tamed. The difficult part, of course, is that there are many lists, each missing a few links here and there, and each in a totally different format. Each entry in each list has to be checked, all entries have to be revised to fit a common format I can use, etc. When done, I hope to put all but a very few of my links up on the Internet and link to them here, so any of my readers may benefit from my work.

Labels: ,

diigo it

10 Comments:

Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Sorry to hear you got sick. Hope you feel better soon, buddy.

Loving the new novel so far. Very inventive idea. I would have no idea how to write an alternate world. My mind just doesn't think that way. But I can appreciate reading about one.

Sara

January 02, 2007 1:54 AM  
Blogger Thy said...

hope you and your cats feel better!

i can't wait to read your story.
and thanks for puttign together that author list! i really appreciate it.

happy 2007!

January 02, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi WA,
Sorry to hear you've been having a bad time and hope things look up for you soon.
You were once a supporter of my work and I thank you for that time, from the bottom of my heart as it helped me in a lot of ways.
I've already wished you a happy new year so here's hoping an enjoyable time for you with your novel-writing, your written arguments & of course, your blogging.

January 03, 2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy new year, WA. S-o-o-o hoping it will be a good one for us all ....

January 04, 2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Bhaswati said...

Happy New Year, WA! Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Here's to hoping 2007 sees the realisation of your writing goals. Good luck. :-)

January 04, 2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger Ischelle said...

i hope you are getting better

happy new year to you as well

January 07, 2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Hope you're feeling better; and that this year will be one of good health.

Please update my link to:
www.TheLivesAndTimes.blogspot.com
Maybe I'll get some more links this year and you won't be alone.

Have you ever checked out Helium.com? That is an interesting writing community. I just started doing some submissions there.

When you get a chance, I've started actually blogging. Not just having a blog. I promise I'll be back to write comments. I have so much to learn about this.

January 07, 2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger aperire said...

i wish you a blessed and an amazing 2007, WA!!! i hope you are in the best of everything. take care.

January 09, 2007 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please stop leaving rude, out-of-line comments on other people's blogs and making rude accusations against them without taking the time to see what their blogs are all about. You have done this on two of my blogs now, and your comments were very uneducated and unappreciated. I will post any comment that makes sense on my blog, even it is a comment that is in strong disagreement with my opinion, but I will NOT stand for anyone accusing me of being "sick" when there was absolutely no grounds for it. Horribly rude and completely uncalled for.

January 12, 2007 11:13 PM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Sue, you have a right to your opinion. I have at least published your comment on my blog, in spite of that opinion. In return, I am also adding my observations, since your comment is rather one-sided.

If you had published my comment, any reader could see I at least left a link to my profile; something you did not have the courtesy to do in your comment. I was forced to guess who you were, which was easy since there was only one blog I left such a comment on recently.

That comment was left at this post, in which you state you find it funny to think of a cat flying off a motorboat to its death. I stand by my comment that this indicates a sick sense of humour.

You claim this is an uneducated outlook. In reply, I point you to the words of Dr. Albert Schweitzer: "Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives".

You work with autistic children, a group often considered worthless (an opinion I emphatically do not agree with, but, regrettably, a common one). In light of the point Dr. Schweitzer made, I wonder if you are not unfit for such a postion.

You accuse me of failing to take the time to read your blog and see what it was all about. That, in fact, was exactly what I was doing when I stumbled on the offensive post in question.

I left the comment I did because I was shocked and nauseated at the images your post brought to my mind, and appalled that anyone, let alone a teacher who works with very vulnerable children, would find such a thing amusing. You have a right to disagree, but I stand by that opinion.

You also accuse me of leaving such comments on "two of my blogs now". Your profile only shows one blog, so I am left, again, to guess at what you mean. I have left very few such comments, all directed at what I consider to be shocking examples of callousness, cruelty, or worse.

I can only wonder what other blog you may have published, and what example of your attitude you offered up that provoked such a reaction. It does worry me, however, considering the vulnerable human beings you work with.

Agree or disagree, I consider such an attitude of callousness very disturbing, and perhaps indicative of more serious problems. There are many who would agree with me. The fact you do not even consider the subject worthy of debate is even more worrying, from my point of view. It suggests the problem is so entrenched, so ingrained, you will not even examine it.

January 14, 2007 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home