the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Tagged! Six Weird Things About the Wandering Author

Thursday, Kathi, over at Mail Call! Supporting the Troops, tagged me. The rules are as follows: blog about six weird things or habits of your own, then tag six friends and make sure you inform them they've been tagged.

Whew! Only six? That shouldn't be too tough...

1: Things that put most people to sleep wake me up. I was once prescribed a painkiller (hydrocodone) and warned it would put me to sleep almost at once. Instead, I ended up with a buzz like I'd just sat on a million volt power supply, and I couldn't get to sleep or stop talking for thirty-six hours!

2: I have weirdly sensitive taste buds. I can actually taste the difference between brands of butter, even when it's just one pat on a whole plate of pasta...

3: I can't remember a time when I couldn't read. By the time I went into first grade, I was reading Reader's Digest, and went utterly out of my mind when we had to read those "See Dick run. See Jane run." books. I've lost the knack, but I used to be able to walk along reading a book, on journeys of a mile or more, without ever glancing up from the page. I did it on routes where I need to cross multiple busy streets, and also walking along in the woods without tripping over roots and rocks. I also used to sit in the back of my parents' car at night, with a book open, waiting. When another car came up behind us, I'd pop up, hold the book in the headlight beam, and read. When it turned off, I'd sit back and wait for the next car...

4: In over ten years, I have only worn a pair of pants / shorts without cargo pockets one day (I was threatened with vile consequences to achieve that). I like the pockets...

5: If I say "I want to mention two things", three will come out of my mouth. At the very moment I say, "I can think of four objections", a fifth pops into my mind! I can count, I really can! But if I say a number in that sort of context, it always turns out one short.

6: I've tried to learn three other languages (Latin, Portuguese, and Welsh) but never managed to get very far with any of them, in spite of my love affair with the English language (or perhaps because of it?).

Before I tag anyone, I want to clear up a few points. Memes can be fun, but the one part that always causes me the most concern is tagging anyone else. Please don't feel you have to do this if you'd rather not.

Thy, over at, well, Thy

Mile High Pixie, over at Why Architects Drink - she's just started blogging, so I hope this will be a fun introduction into the blogosphere for her

RomanceWriter, over at Aspiring Romance Writer

Miss Kitty, over at Educated and Poor, since she's had some trouble thinking up what to post about lately

Kim Stagliano, over at Kim Stagliano, an interesting blog I've recently discovered

Saoirse, over at Hollow Hearts and Hollow Hills

Labels: ,

diigo it

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay,thanks! for playing along:)
and now I'll have to go check out your tag picks,they loook interesting.

February 10, 2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger Mile High Pixie said...

Ha! Thanks for the tag, WA! And thanks for your insightful questions on WAD--with you reading my blog, it seems I'm never out of topics to discuss.

February 10, 2007 8:34 PM  
Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Okay, WA, you tagged me! I'll certainly have something to post about now. Thanks!

February 11, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Thanks for sharing, WA.
This was lovely!

February 12, 2007 7:27 AM  
Blogger Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Why thank you!

KIM

February 21, 2007 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home