the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Sorry for the Hiatus

I had intended to post more frequently than this. First, I finally met my grandson for the first time; he was only visiting for a few days, and I wasn't about to spend time posting while he was here. Then, while he was still here, I had some very urgent work come up, which kept me quite busy.

I ended up staying up so late, I completely exhausted myself, and came down with something nasty which is still, slowly, clearing up. My attention has also been taken up with the pet food recall - my son's cat ate Science Diet Savory Cuts when he came to us. The kittens sampled it, and decided they liked it better than their own food.

So, we ended up feeding all the cats mostly better pet food, but with some of the Savory Cuts mixed in for taste. Thanks to the efforts of the companies involved to limit the recall rather than admitting they didn't even know which batches might have been contaminated, we kept giving it to them up to the blanket recall. So now we have an appointment on Wednesday to bring three cats to the vet's for bloodwork to have their kidney function checked.

Why are we doing this when they aren't showing obvious symptoms? There is always the possibility of damage that won't show up immediately. And, as we learned when my last cat died of kidney disease, the earlier any damage to the kidneys is caught the better. They can be fed a special diet to limit stress on their kidneys, and so on. So I'd appreciate your prayers, until we get the results. I'll let you know, either way - I'm desperately hoping the whole thing will prove to be unnecessary, of course, but I can't take that chance...

Labels: ,

diigo it

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I hope you had fun with your grandson;) and i hope the kitties are ok to.
take care and get better soon

March 26, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And I'm sorry too, for all else. :-)

March 27, 2007 10:02 AM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Yay! You got to see your grandson. That's wonderful.

March 27, 2007 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home