the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Friday, February 23, 2007

My Theory in an Unusual Blog Contest

Be a Good Dad, who also writes Kalbzayn's World, is having an interesting little contest here. I have a theory, which I'm pretty confident of, since I was once a letterpress printer, and had to estimate copy fairly closely by eye.

The Valentine's Date recently won the February Creative Carnival contest over at Write Stuff. The winning entry, which is a very funny story with a very unexpected ending, and truly deserved to win, appears to be just about 200 words long, or perhaps a little over.

For that reason, I'm going to guess that 205 is Be A Good Dad's new favourite number because that's the word count in a story of his that just won a contest. Of course, I'd have to know the exact word counting method he uses, or probably the software, to have any way to be absolutely sure. Still, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

Actually, when I read the contest rules, I remembered the story, and I was pretty sure then that it had been about 200 words. I went over there to look, and I'm very sure it falls somewhere between 175-225, and my bet is just slightly over 200. I'll soon know if I'm right...

Labels: ,

diigo it

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Glad to see you updating your blog again, WA. :-)

February 23, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

The writing gig must be going well; you've not been blogging as you have in the past.

Seems like a lifetime since I've heard from you. I'm sorry I've been absent in terms of commenting as well.

Hopefully we'll be able to connect more often.

If you can find a spot, I'd appreciate you helping out with my new project...
A Photographer's Eye

Cheers!

March 04, 2007 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home