the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Three Stories & the Endless Hour Short Fiction Contest

I decided to write an entry for the Endless Hour Short Fiction Contest, but after I'd written my story, I wasn't satisfied. So I wrote another, which still didn't satisfy me, so I ended up writing, and submitting, a third.

I thought it would be interesting, even though the rules only allow one entry per person, to at least note the fact here that these three stories were all written in response to this contest, and inspired by the same photograph. So I've posted all three stories, and am listing them here, with links, in the order of my own personal preference.

Before I list the stories, though, let me note that I am posting my entry here, since several other entrants have posted theirs on their own blogs, and the rules don't seem to forbid it, but I strongly urge you to go over and read all the entries. There are some very good stories there, including some much better than my own.

Normally, I would wait until the contest ended to post my entry, but I did, since it seems to be permitted, make an exception in this case so I could post the three stories together. So by all means, read my stories, but please also visit The Clarity of Night and read the other very entertaining entries. Show some respect and share the love, in other words!

My submission and personal favourite: Unkind Truth

The first story I wrote, A Long, Long Time

And the story I like the least, The Best Revenge

I actually had an idea for a fourth story, involving a vampire, but it is very late and so that story may never be written. I did think it might be interesting to read and compare these stories, all by the same author, all written on the same day, and all inspired by the same photo, and yet all so different. I hope you enjoy them!

Labels: ,

diigo it

2 Comments:

Blogger DBA Lehane said...

I'm impressed simply that you managed to get three stories out of the one photo. I strugged to come up with one - but this may have been to do with the limited time left and pressure of an impending closing date. Right...scrolling down to read each one.

April 26, 2007 2:14 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Good luck with the vampire story, Ray.

April 26, 2007 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home