the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Apologies

I want to apologise to everyone for the long delay in posting. Originally, I wanted to leave the previous post on top for a while, to get exposure. I intended to announce the winner of the Wandering Author Longer Fiction Contest on the first of April. But, before I did that, I wanted to create a nice, visible button to link to the most recent post in my efforts to help Anna's son, Red.

Naturally, I got sick. A sinus infection with an absolutely overwhelming headache morphed into a fever and bronchitis. I'd visit a few blogs, comment, trying to work up to writing a post here, but every time I was too worn out to manage much. I will be announcing the winner of my fiction contest shortly, and I will be posting again on the "A Child Without A Voice" project. I just wanted to get this quick update up to let everyone know the reason for my long silence.

I will also replace the button I created with another, equally visible but hopefully of better quality. Please, if you want to leave comments on the project, go to the most recent post (which the button will always link to, even if that post is still on top) and leave your comment there. I am considering creating a short post, dated prior to the start of this blog, just to hold links to all the posts related to this project. Or creating a special section in the sidebar.

Labels: ,

diigo it

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth L.~ said...

Hi,
The web of blogs is amazing. I found your blog from reading a comment you left at Monideepa's blog. So I traveled on one of the web strands to find what's up with you.

I thought for a second I was back at my own blog. I use the same template. Good taste. :>)

I'll be back to read more. Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

April 07, 2007 10:14 PM  
Blogger Ischelle said...

Like you said to me, you dont owe any explainations. I just love hearing from you.
Thank you for being such a good friend,
and of course a fantastic and entertaining writer.
Im so glad you are feeling okay now.

April 08, 2007 2:54 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Ray,
I too, hope you're feeling right as rain.
I love the banner which is pretty cool.
Do you have the HTML code so I could stick it on mine or is there any other way?
cheers

April 08, 2007 7:11 AM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Jennifer, Ruth, thank you for the kind comments, and, Jennifer, thanks for the help.

Ischelle, thank you. Coming from a poet of your talent, your praise of my writing means a great deal.

Susan, thanks, and I'll try to send you a snip of code you can add to your template soon. Before I do: I want to make the font more readable. I think that issue is due to Blogger's resizing the image. And I'm thinking of changing the format a bit, to a banner with two buttons; one to the original post for explanation and the second to the latest update.

April 08, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger monideepa sahu said...

Welcome back. Hope you're soon fit and fine and rearing to go. Don't worry about delays in posting. Those who like you and your writing will appreciate the quality rather than dwell upon quantity and frequency of your posts.

April 09, 2007 3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home