the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brief Update

Well, as my regular readers from the past can see, the curse is still in effect. Whenever I name a specific date I will post, something happens. In this case, it was a few minor crises, several planned get-togethers that lasted far longer than planned, and a brief but nasty little 'bug'. And, oh, yes, did any of you note my flippant comment in the last post?

I'm not sure if something at the back of my mind was already warning me of this, or if it was the action of the "curse", but the story I was working on may, indeed, turn out to be a novella. If not, it will be awfully close... I still want to thank my readers, and show my appreciation - I hope to put up a few stories, as soon as I can. (Note the new caution. Finally, the Wandering Author learns from experience - do not give a date!)

First, however, as I have a good idea all worked out in my mind, I hope to enter DBA Lehane's contest before it ends (the deadline is the 30th). And I am looking into an interesting idea I may follow up on, if I decide I can keep up the pace. I'll let you know more about that, one way or the other, once I decide how I will be handling it. Yes, and I do remember I have a few awards / memes to catch up on; some date back to last fall, when life (or, more accurately, death) put all my activities and plans on hold for a while.

I hope I will have the sense, from now on, to only promise a post on a certain date if the post has already been written. Ideally, I'll have it all set up in Blogger to auto-post on that date (yes, this is possible for Blogger users, and has been for at least a little while). If I forget, I hope you'll forgive me.

Labels: ,

diigo it

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Ray,
I understand only too well what you're going through. I can't imagine how I used to have the energy to involve my life so heartily in the blogging world about a year ago.
All that interest has completely left me now and I see myself a writer rather than a blogger.
You're one of three or four I still visit. I've stopped visiting anyone else.
And I've forgotten many. Sometimes, I think back to the times when I was so affected by you know "that certain group." Today, they feel like an artefact to me. :-) Totally unimportant.
I will write to you soon, Ray. You're a real friend to me.

April 25, 2008 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home