the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

NaNo Diary: Day Eight

Despite the fact that I seem to be coming down with the nasty cold that is going around, I managed to chip away at my shortfall, however slightly. I'm still not happy; I won't be until I have at least some safety margin ahead of the goal. Still, whittling down the amount I need to catch up is a step in the right direction. I don't plan on going down without a fight...

As things stand right now, if I manage 1,870 words per day for the rest of the month, I will win. That is worse than 1,667, but not horribly so. Still, that would leave me no room for any problems that might crop up, so my strategy is to write as much as I can manage, and hope to get ahead of the goal, instead of falling behind. Nevertheless, it is heartening to see that I'm not impossibly far behind.

Today's Total: 2,412 words
Days Left: 22
Cumulative Total: 8,873 words
(4,463 words short of target)

Labels: , ,

diigo it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home