the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Progress Report

I am still working on my tribute to Frank Esposito. I have enough research to work with, although I'd still appreciate hearing from anyone who knew him if they wouldn't mind sharing their memories. I've begun writing the post, and have some idea what I want to do with it. It is one of the most difficult things I've written, though. I may not be able to do his memory justice, but I want to do the best I can.

More than that however, confronting a single individual, and considering what he was like, in order to write about him, is emotionally wrenching. I suspect many of the others who've volunteered for this project have had the same reaction. And it may be one of the most important benefits of the 2,996 Project. Each of us who has volunteered will have had the opportunity to confront the reality of 9-11 on an individual and personal level.

diigo it

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only is this a wonderful thing to do, but you will also take much from it as well - which undoubtedly will influence both your own life and writing. Can there be any better fitting tribute than that?

August 26, 2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home