the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tales of the Bearded Toad - Challenge Complete

Brandon's challenge is done early; the story is posted at Tales of the Bearded Toad: 7 Parts: A Collaboration. If I can be forgiven a bit of bragging over a story I wrote a portion of, I think it turned out wonderful!

I will definitely be doing something similar. I won't post final details yet, since I think it's best to do the actual challenge over the weekend. I've toyed with other ideas, but I think Brandon's basic structure worked out so well, I may just keep that.

It is late, but I just couldn't resist posting this tonight. If you haven't seen the full version yet, read the story, then come back and tell me what you think.

diigo it

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really impressed how a collaborative effort between a group who don't know each other, turned out so well.
And yes, I agree, Brandon's structure worked well and as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

August 27, 2006 5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a good read, wasn't it?

Everyone seems to have gotten something very beneficial out of this and I can't wait until you post your challenge. I'll have to try to think of one myself for sometime in September!

The story seemed to hang together extremely well, I thought. From the musings and writings on our blogs we're all very different people, but we seemed to find a common voice in that story.

August 27, 2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Blu Jewel said...

I have participated in similar writing formats and found it rather intruiging that we could all vibe off each other.

August 28, 2006 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've posted a challenge on my blog, if you're interested in taking part.

I'd certainly be happy if you would.

August 28, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Since I only wrote the first three sentences I can't take much credit for how well it turned out. The tale turned out to be a very interesting piece that I was proud to post. When you post your version of the challenge, I would like to be a part. Thanks.

August 28, 2006 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home