the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Five Blogs That Make Me Think

I was named last week as one of the "Five Blogs That Make Me Think by Miss Kitty. I appreciate the honour; I'm still too overwhelmed by it to know exactly what to say, so I'll get right down to naming my five choices.

1: Write Right Now; Amin writes fiction that always leaves me thinking, and he posts about his life and about writing in ways that also make me think.

2: Short Short Fiction; DBA Lehane writes a story a day (except on weekends) and does an incredible job! His constant plot twists are always challenging assumptions and expectations, urging his readers to think and rethink their thoughts and feelings about each story.

3: Write Stuff; the bloggers over at Write Stuff keep up a steady stream of thoughtful posts on writing that make me think about issues I might not have considered otherwise.

4: The Literate Kitten; although I've just discovered The Literate Kitten, this kitten is so literate she's certainly made me think already (and added a few more titles to my already massive reading list).

5: geistweg † genocide; although many of the posts, and some images in the changing header, can be very disturbing, it forces me to think about a subject I wish none of us still needed to think about, but which we clearly do: genocide. Read it and weep.

I'm sorry; I know many of my readers may find my last choice depressing. Yes, it is. I wish I felt it was a subject I could safely ignore. But as things stand, I believe it is a very important subject to stay informed on.

Labels:

diigo it

4 Comments:

Blogger LK said...

Hey, neato! Oh, that's not very literate, is it? How about whoopee!

May 02, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger *DB* said...

I haven't clicked on the link to #5 yet, but god. I just finished a course on African History (19th and 20th centuries) and it was just beyond sad at the end when we covered Rwanda. So much for the whole "never again" thing.

May 02, 2007 11:41 PM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Once, I really believed "Never Again!" was a promise mankind would keep. I still believe in the ideal behind the phrase, but I've given up expecting society to keep the promise. What I won't give up is reminding them of it, and how important it is.

Sorry for the sermon, Hey Lady; I keep writing posts on the subject, and I know many of my readers agree with me, but it seems so futile... like I'm screaming into the darkness, and there's no one there listening.

May 03, 2007 2:13 AM  
Blogger DBA Lehane said...

:) I would just like to thank my parents, my agent, god...oh gog, god, I'm so emotional...thank you, thank you all...I will always treasure this... ;)

May 05, 2007 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home