the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Plans, and a Few Questions for My Readers

I still have a long list of posts I want to write; I am becoming resigned to the idea that by the time I have written one, I'll have ideas for six or seven more jotted down. In the meantime, I have a few plans I'd like feedback on from my readers. Earlier, I mentioned starting a blog devoted to a serious dialogue among writers.

I am not ready to begin this yet, since what I envision will require some planning to set up right, but I do intend to go ahead with this. If any of my readers who are also writers are interested in becoming contributors, please leave a note in the comments section. You don't have to be at any particular level of experience.

What I have in mind is a blog that will cover, from various viewpoints, what it means to be a writer, what our responsibility as writers is, and what we can do to grow as writers and to advance our careers in the world as it exists today. If there are other areas you think should be covered, mention them in the comments section and I will consider your input.

I'd also like to hear from all of my readers. Do you use a bookmarking service, and if so, what services would you like to see me add to my sidebar? My own favourite is Diigo, as I mentioned before. However, I'm there are others some of you prefer using. I don't want to end up with a blog with inches of shortcuts to one service after another, but I'd be interested in which ones my current readers feel are lacking.

I will be posting soon about the special merits of Diigo, and how to get the most out of the service. Perhaps some of you will be inspired to start using it. I also intend to continue adding blogs to my blogroll, and to slowly begin checking out the blogrolls of the blogs I already link to for more intersting blogs to add. This will be a long, slow process.

diigo it

9 Comments:

Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Sign me up to help with your blog in anyway I can.

Sara

September 24, 2006 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in, please.

I love the idea.

September 24, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Amin, Sara, great; I'm happy to have you both working with me on this. Thanks for your support and help.

September 24, 2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I'll get back to you on this, WA. At the moment, I can contribute articles on the subject of a writer's writing & reading, to the site.
I'll also have a think on the bookmarking services for you.

cheers

September 25, 2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Let us know when you have your writer's blog up and running. I'd love to come read what other writers have to say.

September 25, 2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

A long, slow process...this is something I can well identify with. My little corner of the blogosphere, I would say, is a prefer example of how naught to blog. Publishing posts which are incomplete is not a good idea --- although it has been done only with good intention. The material is there, I have the content...life interferes and it is left "to be continued..."

I'm working on getting my ducks in line as the one year anniversary of my blog{s} comes up. Unfortunately, by the time I get from one end of the line ot the other some of the ducks have been wandering off.

I look forward to involvement in your effort.

Have you had a look at my list of link exchnages? There's a particular writing blog there that may work well as a link exchange for you.

September 28, 2006 1:00 PM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Susan, I'll count you in. And yes, thanks, I remember Bhaswati from the first post about this.

Kilroy, thanks, I found the blog you mentioned and added it. I still need to go through the rest of your links one by one, although I see I already have one or two bookmarked until I have time to add them. Spare time is an oxymoron!

September 28, 2006 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you write it, I will come:P

September 28, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Sorry it took so long to find you, WA, but I've arrived here at last. Your idea is an excellent one but I have reservations too about any personal involvement. I find I spend so much time blogging as it is; the thought of having yet another place to contribute to is quite daunting.

In my own blog I often do posts that would probably fit with what you suggest and duplicating them seems a bit, dare I say, pointless. On the other hand having all this input in one place is such a good idea. I know I would be reading, so why not contribute too? There's so much to share ...

Sorry - should be more decisive ...

October 03, 2006 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home