the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Welcome, Visitors!

While I would like to welcome all of you who are visiting my blog to read the tribute to Francis Esposito, and you are certainly welcome to look around if you like, I urge you to first return to the 2,996 Project with its list of tributes, and to read some of the other tributes that have been posted.

If you remember to return to my blog, I will take that as a compliment. If not, the tributes are more important anyway. I apologise for my somewhat choppy writing style right now. Writing my own tribute, and reading some of the others, has been an emotionally wrenching experience.

I fear I did not do Francis Esposito the justice he deserved, although I did give him my best. His tribute was one of the hardest things I have ever written. Simply signing up for this project had more of an impact on me than I'd expected. When I saw the name of the man I'd been assigned, I was overwhelmed.

In many ways I feel a very personal connection to Frank now. I am sure I will remember him on every anniversary, and at other times as well. I hope that some of my readers will remember him as well. And I ask any of my readers who may know a member of his family, please, if you do not think it will be more painful, forwared a copy to them, with my best wishes.

diigo it

2 Comments:

Blogger Tish said...

I think you did a wonderful job of honoring Frank. Like you, I feel as if "my" person is a part of my own family now. I'll think of him each year on September 11th. Maybe I'll post something for him next year as well.

Great job!

And yes, I made my way back to your blog! I'm very impressed. :)

September 07, 2006 3:32 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

You are doing an amazing job. I think I mentioned to you that you will be added to my blogroll. You're style of writing suits me.

I know you are still working tirelessly - so thank you for picking up for those that made a commitment and failed to meet it.

September 12, 2006 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home