the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Wandering Author Will Return

To all my regular readers, I'm sorry for an absence that is already longer than I'd planned. I am very pleased with what we accomplished at the 2,996 Project, but the size of the response was more than expected. In an effort to preserve the spirit of what we intended, and strengthen our commitment to return next year, I spent more time than planned.

I had a few other commitments, and I'm too tired to write a 'real' post tonight. I haven't even finished Sgt. Major Strickland's tribute yet, although I am satisfied I do at least have something up to honour him. I do plan to return tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I'll look forward to reading all your blogs as well. Thanks for your patience.

diigo it

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a caring thing to continue to work on it. I await your return.

September 15, 2006 1:18 AM  
Blogger aperire said...

hi, WA. just wanna say hello to you! it's good to hear from you again. actually, i've been waiting for your new post. take care,

September 15, 2006 2:14 AM  
Blogger Thy said...

well i'm sure you're busy with life in general

return when you find the time. :]

September 15, 2006 2:20 AM  
Blogger Bhaswati said...

You did a commendable job with the tributes, WA. Can't appreiciate your efforts enough toward such a worthy cause.

Do return when you feel like it. :)

September 16, 2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Hope you have a fab weekend. Talk to you next week.

September 16, 2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

Great job!

Best from the Middle Kingdom...

Lonnie B Hodge

September 17, 2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I wanted to drop in and tell you thank you-- again! You worked your tail off and stepped up to the plate and it was appreciated.

I'll be making my way back to read your tributes... as well as the rest of your blog...

Get some rest and take care.

September 17, 2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi WA,

I'm still struggling at the cybercafe. But i've printed out the story this morning...go home to write it on Word and will send you tomorrow (Tues). Promise! Promise!
Thanks for being such a diamond about it!
Of course, i miss your posts and will wait eagerly for your return.

You just need to rest and renew your spirit for a bit.
You don't think a couple of spinsters can help???

yours innocently,

September 18, 2006 1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can certainly empathise with you at not being able to post just lately, although your reasons for not being able to do so are for much more noble reasons than mine!

September 22, 2006 3:37 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Wondering to what destination the Wandering Author has journeyed. Hoping you are resting well and rejoin us soon.

It struck me as I wandered during the 2,996 project the amazing things I was seeing. Thinking back over the time I've been blogging there has been so much. The result...

Things I've Found In The Blogosphere

I'm continuing to look at tributes and write comments. I've noticed I'm not the only one. I think it makes an impact extending it beyond a day, The 2,996 should never be forgotten.

I will look forward to work from you, my friend.

September 22, 2006 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home