the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Please Help Honour Emily Keyes

Emily Keyes is the girl who was shot in a Colorado high school yesterday by a crazed gunman. The death of a 16 year old girl in such a senseless way is a real tragedy, which should not go unmarked. I think it is fitting that everyone honour her memory in the way requested by her family.

The following quote is taken from Yahoo! News / Associated Press: "In memory of Emily we would like everyone to go out and do random acts of kindness, random acts of love to your friends or your neighbors or your fellow students because there is no way to make sense of this," Gonzalez [speaking for Emily's family] said. "It's what Emily would have wanted."

It's a pretty good way to honour anyone, in my opinion, and if that's what Emily would have wanted, then I hope that's what she gets. I want to thank all my readers in advance, on Emily's behalf, for their efforts to honour her.

Labels:

diigo it

5 Comments:

Blogger Thy said...

everytime i check the news...

there is always something about someone who was murdered

and lately,

it's been happening in schools a lot.

suddenly i don't feel like school is a safe place anymore : /

I'll pray for her and her family.

September 28, 2006 11:56 PM  
Blogger aperire said...

i learned about this news last night. and the first thing i did today is google it to learn more about what happened. i couldn't find anything. thanks for posting this in your blog. doing a random act of kindness for sure will be a top priority. i pray for emily keyes and her family.

September 29, 2006 12:16 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I will do that, WA.
For my own soul & the world's.

September 29, 2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Thy, I understand how you feel; I'd feel the same way if I were still in school. It is awful that the world seems to be this way lately. There seems nothing we can do about it. I wish there were. I'm sorry this is upsetting for you, and I'll pray that you will remain safe.

September 29, 2006 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was very, very sad. I hear this morning that she may also have been molested before being shot. Where does such evil come from? I will, out of respect today, pass a little kindness on somewhere. RIP Emily Keyes.

September 29, 2006 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home