the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Fiction Contest Entrants

This post will remain at the top of the blog while entries remain open. To see the most recent post, just scroll down to the next entry. When entries are closed, this will be dropped to 29 September when it was first posted.

To date, the following people have entered my Longer Fiction Contest:
DBA Lehane
Brandon
Mike Cunningham who also showcases some of his work on this site*
Ian Healy who showcases his fiction here (Withdrew 30 January 2007)
Susan Abraham

*May appear garbled in Firefox

If you would like your information corrected or amended, simply let me know. If you don't see your name here, I may not have had a chance to read your e-mail and add your information yet. If, after a reasonable interval, your name still doesn't show up here, contact me again. If you would like to recheck the rules, click here.

08 February 2007: Please note the following change to the rules. I had posted on 30 January that the deadline would be moved to at least 01 March, and noted an exact date awaited responses from the three entrants I have not yet received entries from. I have not yet heard at all from one entrant. However, due to a request from another, recent problems with my shoulder, and the fact that my own job will, with little warning, require most of my time for the remainder of February, I am moving the deadline to 31 March 2007. This is a final change. I'm sorry for all the uncertainty; I will be contacting each of the four existing entrants individually.

22 February 2007: I am dropping this post back to 29 September 2006, but I adding a prominent link in my sidebar as a reminder that the contest remains open. This is to minimize confusion, and allow readers to more easily locate new posts.

Labels:

diigo it

14 Comments:

Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

It's a good idea WA (as you did today) to place your contest announcement where viewing is prominent.
I am still thinking about if I could possibly enter & will let you know shortly.

September 29, 2006 10:57 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

Hi, WA!

I bumped into you from the Writing Muse, and I'm definitely interested in your contest. I've added this to my regular list of daily blogchecks already. It's always fun to read what other writers have to say about writing.

Ian
Stop by and say hello

September 30, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Thy said...

every time i write a story

something gets in the way and keeps me from finishing it. in seventh grade i wrote a 35 page story and stopped because i got severe writer's block
and never picked it up again. it was so frustrating.

i think a contest like this might kill me.

October 01, 2006 1:32 AM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Ian, hi! It's not clear if "interested in my contest" means you want to enter or not. I hate to nitpick, but I do need to know who to list as an entrant.

Thy, I know what you mean about writer's block. There are ways to deal with it, but they take time to learn. In the meantime, you can just enjoy other people's writing. There's no pressure to write if you don't want to.

October 01, 2006 1:56 AM  
Blogger Ian said...

WA:

I've added you to my blogroll. Hopefully that gets some more people interested in your contest.

Ian

October 01, 2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Tamara Hanson said...

Thanks for visitng my blog and for your kind words. I think they are adequate when dealing with death--people showing they care in even the smallest way proves there's plenty of positive energy to hold the world together.

October 02, 2006 2:27 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Just a quick note, I include a list of "Blog I'm Recommending Today". It's in reality, never a day, though...it's usually 2-4 weeks. I've included you in the newest list. I hope it helps bring some traffic your way. Best of luck with the contest.

October 03, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I'd say things look good for me, except that the others in the competition have honed the craft a lot better than I have. Thanks again for doing this. I'll put a post on my blog about the competition.

October 03, 2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi WA,
I'm taking part and have just emailed you details.

October 04, 2006 1:37 AM  
Blogger Mistress Regina said...

I have seen you wander here and there. This has led me to wonder when you will be visiting Ladies, Goddesses And Bitches. Perhaps you would enjoy engaging with us; flexing your creative muscles a bit more. It would be most interesting to see. Perhaps you will make a point of reviewing our catalogue, offering your thoughts on our various stories. I have curiosity what your take will be. I think we would do well with a link exchange; I will have an eye out for you.

October 04, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Mistress Regina said...

Had a quick note for you. Have you ever read the book The Midnight Diseae? It is among the best remedies for relieving writer's block.

October 04, 2006 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi WA,

I was just stopping by to remind you about our stories we are posting on Friday...:)

I was going to email you, the list of links, so you could just paste them at the end of your story, but I can't find your email address. However, you can just copy my list from my post.

Once everyone has posted, I will update their links with a direct link to that post, rather than to their blog...

I can't wait to read the stories...:) There are several of you that are REALLY good writer's...

Cathy:)

October 05, 2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Posted on Feb 10, 2007

Perfect WA. :-)

February 10, 2007 1:53 AM  
Blogger Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Dear God I thought I'd fallen asleep for a month! March 31 2007! Did anyone feed my kids?

Thanks for your encouragement over at my place. Much appreciated.

February 21, 2007 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home