the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Technical Difficulties

I am posting this to let my faithful readers know there may or may not be a huge gap in posts. I am able to access Blogger at the moment, but I have had various problems. The trouble does not seem to be with Blogger, but with my own computer. For example, I just rebooted. The previous time I started up my computer, when I opened Firefox, each tab would not refresh. I finally worked around this and got in my e-mail inbox; when I deleted some messages, even after I refreshed the tab, they continued to appear, but if I opened my inbox in a new tab, they were gone.

I have had other strange things happen lately, and I have no idea what the trouble is. It is possible it will clear up on its own, or that I'll figure it out quickly. But, while I am able to leave this post, I thought I should explain what is happening, in case I involuntarily 'disappear' for some unknown length of time.

Labels: ,

diigo it

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about all the problems. I had a lot of problems when I was with Blogger too. I switched to Wordpress, and it has been so much better! Something to think about...

Have a great night!

July 08, 2007 2:01 AM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Ray,
not to worry. thinking of you always. keep calm and everything will sort themselves out. don't rush. just take your time.

July 08, 2007 4:26 AM  
Blogger S. Kearney said...

Hey there, don't forget to cast your vote in the lions writing circle contest. :) Only 3 days left to get your votes in at seak@caramail.com
See the circle blog for full details!

July 08, 2007 6:47 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

There's nothing more frustrating than those gremlinish computer glitches, is there? You can get answers for the big problems, but nothing for the nonsensical ones. Hope it works itself out soon.

July 09, 2007 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upload windows again. That might help.

July 10, 2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger barista brat said...

hope it all works out soon.

i hate those damn technical difficulties!

July 10, 2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Stopping by to say hello. Stay cool. Its a billon degrees here in Chicago but I think a cool down is coming.

July 10, 2007 4:58 PM  
Blogger Thy said...

hope your computer...and everything else, sorts out!

happy...living!

July 13, 2007 2:44 AM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Dropping in again. I hope the computer issiues get worked out soon. I would advise, when they do, that you don't try Blogger in Draft as I have heard it can cause major issues to your blog. I'm too old to try new things ( still in my twenties but an old, old, ancient soul) so I stay away from it anyway.

July 13, 2007 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home