the Unending Journey of the Wandering Author

A chronicle of the unending journey of the Wandering Author through life, with notes and observations made along the way. My readers should be aware I will not censor comments that disagree with me, but I do refuse to display comment spam or pointless, obscene rants. Humans may contact me at thewanderingauthor at yahoo dot com - I'll reply as I am able.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

I have always known I was meant to write, even when I was too young to know the word 'author'. When I learned that books were printed, I developed an interest in that as well. And I have always been a wanderer, at least in my mind. It's not the worst trait in an author. For more, read my writing; every author illuminates their heart and soul on the pages they write upon.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Quick Note

I'm sorry I've worried some of you, especially as you are clearly loyal readers if you're still coming back after this long. I have simply been dreadfully busy helping to deal with the remnants of Jim's life. Along the way, I've learned a few lessons I'll pass along to you, as soon as I get some rest.

Jim's apartment will be fully cleared out today, the final day of October, which will allow me a bit more rest after this. However, I'm battling exhaustion, my third case of bronchitis this year, and still have a few items to deliver within the next few days, as well as a lot of work absorbing the fraction of Jim's amazing book collection I brought home.

In fact, I'm currently typing with stacks of plastic "totes" full of books stacked behind me. Also, I have a novel burning to be written, and have signed up, in spite of the obvious folly of this, for NaNo 2007. So, I won't be posting any lessons for a few days at least, and I'm afraid November won't be a busy month for posts (except possibly for NaNo updates). Still, I do hope to manage a few posts next month, and to give the handful of loyal readers who still visit some explanation for my long silence.

Labels: , , ,

diigo it

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad to see you are as well as you are under the circumstances, i hope your health improves!! take care ok and good luck with the nano write:) maybe next year when i am not doing school and work i can do this;0

October 31, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hello Ray,
Indeed, you are a true writing warrior with all the right grit & spirit to be attempting the NaMoriMo so courageously this year.
I'm sure the writing of your novel will prove a wonderful healing process.
I'm truly worried about your health especially now in the cold season & really really hope you'll be better soon.
Sending sunshine-y thoughts your way for another nice day. :-)

November 01, 2007 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I'm sorry that you're going through all of this. Rest as much as you can, and take care of yourself. We'll all still be here waiting.

November 02, 2007 10:18 AM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Good luck with NaNoWriMo.

I am finding it really hard this year.I think I have too many distractions in my life to really give it the focus it needs.

I hope you are doing better on your novel than I am on mine.

November 09, 2007 12:24 AM  
Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Hope you're feeling much better, that the writing is well and that we'll be seeing more of you soon.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

Cheers!

November 22, 2007 8:18 PM  
Blogger RomanceWriter said...

Just stopping in again to say hi.

November 26, 2007 1:38 PM  
Blogger DBA Lehane said...

Here's still hoping we might get a post in November! ;)

November 30, 2007 2:58 AM  
Blogger The Wandering Author said...

Lehane, I'll try...

November 30, 2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Peter Rogerson said...

hello there, im a small uk author who has penned 17 books, basically im putting feelers out to similar minded people


peterrogerson5.blogspot.com

March 05, 2008 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home